Location: Madison, WI
Interior Design: Demco
Client: Hawthorne Elementary School
Enrollment: 424 students
Completion Date: Spring 2013
The renewed Hawthorne Elementary School Library has quickly become a treasured resource for the school — and it’s community.
The library now features generous space and an abundance of natural light. Space flow has been enhanced and zoned to accommodate pre-k to 5th grade students.
Some of the improvements include:
- Moving computers to a tidier, more visible space
- Replacing traditional wood tables with mobile tables and ergonomic seating
- New shelving in the youth space that feature face-out display and browsing options
- Integrated seating within shelving that gives students a “landing pad” for enjoying books
- Casual seating that encourages hanging out and reading
- Popular gaming tables
- A collaborative technology table for small group learning
Both staff and students have commented on the openness of the space and color throughout. There is a renewed excitement and energy present upon entering the library. The success of this project is rooted in collaboration between Hawthorne staff and Demco interior services experts.
Enhance Your Learning Environments
Engage students and community members by creating an inviting environment that meets the needs of your users. Request a consultation to have a Demco interior services expert help you maximize your new or renovated space.